Giving Back in Myrtle Beach, SC
As a community centric business, ShipOnSite gives back to the community it serves. In times of crisis, ShipOnSite is there to help with the shipment of food, water, and supplies.
Horry & Georgetown County Animal Shelters
Since 2007, ShipOnSite has supported the local animal shelters in Horry & Georgetown counties as the anchor sponsor of the ‘Best Friend of the Wee’ (BFW) program with several local radio stations. Every week a dog or cat is showcased on ‘The Air’ as adoptable with hopes of matching them with a new forever home. ShipOnSite has also collected and distributed more than 45 tons of pet food and supplies to the area animal shelters.
Meals On Wheels of Horry County
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, food lines were prevalent throughout the United States, especially in the urban cities. Horry County, South Carolina was not immune from hunger’s reach. ShipOnSite voluntarily became a drop point for food, to help the home bound, elderly and terminally ill with no reliable means of getting groceries or safely preparing meals. We worked with Meals On Wheels to get Food Barrels throughout the communities as collection points for donations. Local businesses began to sponsor these barrels, which allowed Meals On Wheels to extend its services in much needed areas of Horry County.
Natural disasters occur almost every year. ShipOnSite is always ready to step up and help with community drives in packaging and shipping donations to help those in need.
- 2014 – Water Crisis - Flint, Michigan.
- Nine (9) tons of bottled water was collected and shipped to Flint Michigan, which was experiencing a ‘public health crisis’ after the drinking water for the city was contaminated with lead and possibly Legionella bacteria, affecting more than 6,000 and 12,000 children.
- 2016 – Flooding, Charleston, West Virginia.
- A 40-foot truck load of food, water, and clothing was packed and delivered to the flood victims of Charleston West Virginia.
- 2017 – Category 4 Hurricane Harvey – Houston, Texas & Central Louisiana.
- Partnered with Coastal Carolina University (CCU) in packaging Food & Aid to the citizens of Houston Texas and central Louisiana in the wake of flooding caused by Hurricane Harvey.
- 2017 – Category 4 & 5 Hurricane’s Irma & Maria – Puerto Rico.
- Successfully raised, packaged, palletized, and shipped via ocean freight twenty (20) pallets of humanitarian relief weighing more than 11 tons for the people in Puerto Rico.
- SCCares4PR - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFJchD9drKk